Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SUNDAY, 16 AUGUST - THE RALLY ENDS










After a quick breakfast and final goodbyes, I left Fergus headed for the town of Orangeville, about 20 miles away. Orangeville has an Art Walk of carved trees on the main street and many of the side streets. In order to preserve trees that have died, Ontario artists have come to Orangeville to make beautiful carvings from the tree stumps. Orangeville is another pretty town with beautiful flowers lining the streets, well-kept lawns and a thriving downtown business section. This was Sunday morning, though, so I easily found a place to park and walked about a mile taking pictures of the various carvings. I've included some of the photos.




Once I left Orangeville, I headed for Niagara Falls, ON and stayed in a nice campground called Campark. Catering to families, there were many tent campers and popups and not many large rigs. They have a waterpark, large pool and many planned activities for campers - old and young alike. Even though I arrived mid-afternoon I decided to "chill out" again and try to get caught up on my blog and due a few other chores inside the Roadtrek. There's a shuttle from the Campground to the Falls and other places of interest and I will take that tomorrow, although I've been here before and done most of the "touristy" things!

No comments:

Post a Comment